Effective Monday, November 23, 2020, the Government of Ontario has positioned Peel Region at the Grey Level – Lockdown – Maximum Measures within their Covid-19 Prevention Framework. These restrictions are currently in place for a 28 day period (Until December 20th).
Peel Region being situated in the Lockdown phase imposes the below restrictions on Team Sports:
- 10 people or less gathering size limits for Outdoor Spaces/Events
- No Games – Training Only is permitted in Outdoor Spaces (10 people or less)
- No prolonged contact pertmitted for Team or Individual Sports in Outdoor spaces
- No Indoor Activities is permitted for Team or Individual Sports (Includ. Indoor Training or Games)
- Brampton Soccer Centre Facility is currenty closed for 28 days (Until December 20th)
- Locker Rooms, Dressing Rooms, Showers are not accessible. Washrooms are only available at select locations
- Pre-Screening Measures in place for all participants when conducting outdoor activities
- Contact Tracing Measures in place for all participants whenn conducting outdoor activities
- No spectators permitted except for ONE parent per participant at Outdoor activities
We have diligently reviewed the above measures to design programming within the realms of the Government regulations. Those options are mapped out in the attached PDF and will provide you with clarity on the action steps that we are planning moving forward until End of this year.
More information on the Virtual Programming will be shared today as those activities will start up on Wednesday Nov 25th. The potential for Small Group Sessions (Technical or Fitness) will be communicated directly via your Team Specific Staff.
Note: All City of Brampton Outdoor Turf Fields are currently closed due to the recent snowfall and may reopen on Wednesday. Also, we are awaiting City of Brampton approval on whether we can access permits for the Outdoor Turf Fields in December (Weather permitting).
Please ensure to visit the link below and review the Lockdown Programming document. We look forward to keeping all players active during this period.
BSC Lockdown Programming V1.pdf
Brampton SC Director of Player & Coach Development