With the recent outbreak of Covid-19, Ontario Soccer has provided the attached guidelines to safeguard our members from the spread of this virus within our community. March Break starts this weekend and we will have families that are traveling domestically/internationally – This does pose a risk to exposure and we want to ensure that all stakeholders have reviewed the attached documentation to prevent contraction of the virus.
Below is some everyday preventive actions:
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds after eating, after going to the bathroom, and after blowing your nose
- Best Practice information on Hand Washing – https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Bring Hand-Sanitizer with you at all times in case handwashing facilities aren’t accessible
- Avoid handshaking and maintain social distancing protocols
Government of Canada Safe Travel Health recommendations – https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html
I have attached another document from the European Centre Disease and Prevention that I also recommend for our members to review.
If any stakeholders/families have any symptoms of Covid-19, they are recommended to call a local healthcare provider (avoid going to the Doctors Office) and stay quarantined until cleared by their medical provider.
Please pass along this notification onto all stakeholders and advise that anyone who is or has traveled and may have any signs of influenza, that we recommend that they follow the Covid-19 prevention protocols to safeguard against further outbreak.
Director of Player and Coach Development
Click on the links below to download Ontario Soccer Bulletins and other important Documents for your reference: